About Me

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

[Title Here]

This one uses woundikins and involves abuse. It is also unfinished so any suggestions would be lovely. I want my reader to be thrown right into the action so no suggestions on that unless they're specific.

I ducked as the plate smashed against the wall behind me.
I screamed, no words, just sound. I cringe at my voice; a stupid sound that had just given my current possition away. Sneaking downstairs is never easy in this house, especially on Friday nights, but I needed to in order to stay safe tonight. I had been cowering in my room, gathering up the courage to walk into the living room and pick up the phone. I needed to call my best friend and ask if I could spend the night without Sam realizing I had left.
A growl emitted from the kitchen that slowly wound it's way around my vocal chords silencing me just as Sam rounded the corner.
"What did you just say?" he roared advancing on me, up in my face within seconds.
His breath reaked of the vodka and beef jerky he had been incessantly consuming for the past hour. I took a step back, not looking in his eyes.. I had intended to sneak out before Sam started to get violent but now it was too late. It was time for plan two, find a good exit and leave before any damage is done. Only problem, whenever Sam gets like this, I can't find my voice. It's as if it goes and hides in the shadowy corner and won't come out until he's left which is rather unhelpful considering that's when I need it the most.
Instead of responding to his question because I found that I couldn't out loud, I simply looked away and shook my head hoping he'd just forget it. No luck.
"You sure as hell did something say, bitch!"
He was drunk enough that his words were starting to get switched around which was always good for me. Now, he'll just get so confused that all he'll do is hit me once before retreating back to the couch.
"Did you hear me?" he bellowed, jerking my arm forward forcing me to come face to face with my hideous fiance.
I nod, unable to think of anything other than,
How did I end up engaged to this drunk, angry, dirty, pig of a man?
Oh, that's right, Selena. My darling best friend had the wonderful idea of having me date a friend of a friend of a friend a year ago.

1 comment:

  1. I love the immediacy of this! There are some grammatical errors, but I just wanted to comment on the story as a whole - loud, shocking, and painful, but relatable.

    ReplyDelete