About Me

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Common Sense

I don't want what I have.
I don't want what she has.
I don't want what he has.
I want what I had before.
Before it happened
and they all intervened.

It's all a matter of time, really.
time
time
time...

But it's not.
not at all.
It's a matter of my strength
and knowledge
and common sense.


What common sense? 

You know...the stuff I should
could
would
have

I need to give up next time,
just forget about it and say flat out no.

But what if you want to say yes?

I won't want to say yes.
my mind won't say yes
my heart won't...well I won't let it say yes.

No matter what my heart is saying
because
it only leads to
my eventual
loss.

2 comments:

  1. I adore this! My only critique is "intervened". Other than that, wonderful! Sad, but wonderful.

    "I don't want what I have.
    I don't want what she has.
    I don't want what he has.
    I want what I had before."
    Love the repetition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like Shayli, I enjoy the repetition at the beginning. I think it should be echoed at the end of the poem too. However, you just give an idea that's very point blank. It needs to have something unique about it. Maybe have two conflicting voices or ues the repetition in other places.

    ReplyDelete