About Me

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Just Another Teenage Love Story. (CH2)

This is my favorite chapter so far :D




Chapter 2- In which Sam ponders his meeting with Elizabeth.

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
- Douglas Adams

God, she probably thinks I'm an idiot now! Couldn't even form a full sentance around her.

Sam picked up his skate board glumly and began walking back to his house.


It's not like she'll remember me anyway, he thought while kicking a pebble aside. I'm just Sam, and there are a thousand other guys at Mattew Grant High School. She's probably used to geeky guys fawning all over her while she thinks about her equally popular and beautiful boyfriend. I bet she'll be dating Aaron Moxley in no time.


Stupid Aaron.

 Another pebble goes flying, this one hitting a tree and rebounding into the street.


Maybe she doesn't date. She did seem a helluv of a lot nicer than any of the populars at Matthew.

Sam sighed, kicked one last pebble, nodded at the doorman, and walked into (Hotel Name).


He made his way through the familiar lobby, going around the little kids playing tag, high-fiving Norm, his favorite janitor, and jumping into the elevator before Mrs. Leffington could close the doors. Punching in his floor number and Mrs. Leffington's for her as usual Sam nodded and "mmhmmed" at whatever old Leff was saying today. She was a nice old lady who lived with Mr. Leffington on the fifth floor but all she could ever seem to talk about were her precious Geraniums. Finally, the fifth floor bell dings and Sam is alone in the elevator waiting for it to carry him up to level eleven.

Level Six

Her accent was really...really...I can't even think of the word. Just amazing.

Seven

And her hair! Oh, her hair. Such an interesting color that only she could pull off. I could just...what's that word? Caress. Yes, I could caress her hair forever.

Eight

I don't think I have ever felt this way before. It's...strange.

Nine

My mom would laugh at me if I told her what I am thinking right now. Call me "love sick" or something...

Ten

How can I be love sick after just meeting someone? Nah, I just like her. 

Eleven

As if it even matters. Aaron and Elizabeth...can't you just see it?

The doors open to his floor and Sam steps out looking completely repulsed.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you alternated between Sam's thoughts and the level the elevator was on.... great! Poor Sam :)

    ReplyDelete