About Me

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My version of "me and you in grade two"

I had watched Hocus Pocus last night with my mom and little sisters as a pre-Halloween treat. I walked back into Mrs. Fletcher's classroom singing bits and pieces of a haunting song Sara Jessica Parker sang to luer the children to their death. I only knew a few words but I sang them over and over again, never tiring of the words. I saw another girl look at me, a weird expression on her face. She came up to me, her big, dark brown hair up in a poofy ponytale, and asked me what I was singing. I told her it was from my favorite Halloween movie, Hocus Pocus. She said she loved that movie too and that song was her favorite. We began singing the song, she knew more of the lyrics but I just hummed along with the parts I didn't know. Later, we exchanged names and laughed at the similarity.
 Haley and Shayli.

1 comment: