About Me

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nice things too

If you're not lying
and you truly believe
everything you're saying
and you seriously want
to spend time on
convincing me of this "love" things
then I want to know
what I've done
to deserve such a friend.

What fantastic deeds
have I done?
I can list all
of the awful and cruel things
just from this morning.
So what is it that you see?
Surly a person
as astounding as you
wouldn't want to spend time
fixing me?


Both of you,
for that matter,
should be bettering yourselves
and worrying about
your own problems.
Forget about me,
I'm really too stubborn
and obviously not worth
your time.

Yet,
if you read these words
you'll be resisting
the urge to smack me
 -not that I don't deserve it
but maybe
just maybe
I do deserve
some nice things too

1 comment: