About Me

Monday, January 17, 2011

Never ever

It surrounds me.
An opportunity
at every turn.
no wonder
so many people
do it.
Every day
like bugs
to a light
we're drawn
to the sharp
the poisonous
deadly.
Never even crossed
my mind before.
I would never
act on this.
Not in
that much trouble.
What I see
is a challenge.
Forbidden fruit
for the damned.
Give me something
I can't have
and I almost
need
it.
they scream
at us all
everything we cannot
ever
ever
ever
ever do.
Little do they know
that's when my mind
sees all the ways
I could do
exactly what they wish
me not to do.
and you
can't even see.
what's right behind
you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I really like the way this poem flows. It sounds almost eerie, rebellious, yet happy tone... Very Interesting!

    I also like that you put "you" alone as the last stanza, it makes an extra emphasis too.

    Very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete