About Me

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blossoming Madness II

Beep beep. Beep beep. Beeeeeep. Beeeeeep. Beee-


“God, get a life! I get it, time to “wake up.” As if I haven’t been cursing your existence for the past two hours, honestly! ”


I run a hand through my greasy hair and contemplate the necessity of a shower. I decide that a shower would add more time until I have to greet my father so I grab the only free towel (makeup stained) and walk down the hallway to the bathroom. Closing the door, I begin to turn on the light and then think better of it. Lights off, I shuffle quickly as I can over to the tub and turn the shower on while grumbling about human’s obsession with vision (it is honestly ridiculous) just as I trip over a bundled up shirt. 


“God freaking damlglrrrmmish” I wordlessly complain as I sit on the cold floor.


Ten minutes pass and I figures it has been enough time to I pull the curtain away from the side of the tub, stick my head under the steaming water, and pour the pale pink shampoo into my hands. As I’m massaging it into my hair, I realize that my hands are shaking.


Breathe, Fiala. You can do this, you’re just washing your hair. 


I avoid the truths my body is trying to tell my and spend the rest of my morning shower with my eyes closed.

1 comment:

  1. Still hating the tense.

    HOWEVER, I now have a better sense of character for this girl and I am interested in why she has to calm herself so much. (Especially since she's only washing her hair.)

    The line where she's talking to the alarm clock is a bit awkward. I think you should keep it but make it less clumsy.

    Overall, good job.

    ReplyDelete